Sunday, November 1, 2009

Serendipitous finds

These are tunes the strains of which I pick up when they are heard for a fleeting few seconds in advertisements, background scores of movies, and sometimes on the radio. I pride myself on my high level of perceptibility of music.

Some of these songs are very well known, and only I did not know them. Some of them are rare gems. Some are underground labels.

1. Guster - Satellite (When the credits begin to roll in Martian Kid)
2. Mr. Blue Sky - ELO (When he credits roll in martian Kid, heard it again in Invention of Lying)
3. Fortress - Pinback (On radio, San Diego 94.9)
4. Under the milkyway - Church (Lincoln commercial)
5. Psycho Killer - Talking Heads ( San Diego 94.9)
6. Help I'm Alive - Metric (San Diego 94.9)
7. Somebody Needs You - Lo Fidelity All Stars ( Sex & the city background score for just 10 seconds)
8. Don't let it bring you down - Annie Lennox ( American Beauty background score)

That's it for now, will continue to update as and when.

Enjoy the music, it is all around... you just gotta feel it in the air.

No comments:

Post a Comment